Friday, June 5

Epilogue


We were barely home for a day, when Momma, Daddy and I packed up again and headed to Ohio to be with Grandpa Sam and Oma.  Grand Pa had gone to the hospital for some minor surgery while we were in St John, but something drastically went wrong.  The doctors had to put him in deep sleep in hopes he would come back to us.  But Grandpa Sam never woke up, and on May 24th he passed.
 
It was only twenty months ago when Grand Pa Sam held me for the first time shortly after I entered this world.   His visits to Virginia or our visit to Ohio were special times for Grand Pa and me.  Some may tease me in years to come about all the time I slept on the beach in St John.  I think it was in those quiet moments of my slumbers that I told Grand Pa Sam my stories.  He loved me and he loved the beach, and I know he wanted to hear all about my adventures. 
 
 
And I as I grow older I will miss him, but I know whenever I lay on a beach or play in the ocean that deep inside me the stories we shared as I napped on the beaches of St John will be alive in my heart forever.


I love you Grandpa…  My story is for you ~ Thomas
 
 

1 comment: